Rhinoplasty in Seattle : Modern Procedures and What You Need to Learn
Rhinoplasty is cosmetic facial procedure that’s traditionally done to further improve a person’s look or to reconstruct their nose for medical purposes . A rhinoplasty procedure involves changing the cartilages and bones of the nasal area , or sometimes tissue is included order to strengthen the cosmetic appeal . The surgery is also commonly done to fix nasal fractures as well . If rhinoplasty is accomplished to repair someone’s nasal fracture , the medical professional makes an attempt to bring back the nose to its pre-injury condition . A related surgery known as septorhinoplasty is done on patients that furthermore have a nasal obstacle . Septorhinoplasty works to accentuate the look of the nose area , but also stabilizes the overall structure and gets rid of any internal obstacles that might be blocking the patient’s nasal breathing.
What does a rhinoplasty operation involve ?
Any aesthetic worries and expectations you have should be completely discussed before treatment . The recommendations of your medical specialist along with any special restrictions concerning the structure of your nose , skin , or face in general are relevant to have thoroughly explained you . Make-up free pictures are typically taken prior to surgical technique to assist with both the preoperative and post surgery planning stage in order to document the results .
Make inquiries and express your concerns .
Finding a specialist , trained specialist to perform your rhinoplasty procedure should be your primary priority when taking into consideration getting any type of aesthetic technique . ASAPS ( American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ) has recommended that each patient should ideally consider the following tips for best results :
• Consult at least three different surgeons before choosing one
• Be sure the cosmetic surgeon you choose is board certified
• Ask where your surgeon is privileged to legally practice to ensure his credibility
• Request to see before and after photos of previous patients
• Talk in-depth about the surgery as well as the results and recovery and any potential things that may possibly go wrong or happen unexpectedly
• Ask about the surgeon’s rhinoplasty experience . How many has he done ?
• Does the surgeon have malpractice insurance ? If not , get up and leave
• Ask about the follow-up procedures
• Request to contact former patients about their own experience
• How much does the procedure cost ? What about insurance ?
The results of rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty results could be minor or major , based on the type of modification you want done , but they are however permanent . It’s crucial that both you and your cosmetic surgeon are on the same page relating to the objectives of your treatment . If you have realistic expectations and your plastic surgeon, the outcome will likely be very positive overall .
Dr William Portuese
1101 Madison St #1280,
Seattle, WA 98104