Category Archives: dentist
TAKING CARE OF YOUR TEETH
We all need to take care of our teeth . I learned that the hard way, along time ago. Back then, I felt like I didn’t need to pay close attention to my teeth. If I brushed on a daily and used mouthwash, everything would be fine. I found out differently.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
I went in and found out that I had a few cavities. This explained why my mouth became so sensitive. It was bleeding all the time. Well, not all the time, but a good portion of the time. I’m sure many of you can relate to the pain I felt.
I got the necessary treatment I need and learned a few things at the same time. I am passing this information on to you my dear readers.
1) Always brush twice a day. I don’t care if you are tired and cranky at night. Brush your teeth. You don’t realize how much dirt and foot particles can build up in the mouth. The particles like to lie between the teeth. You need to get at them.
2) Floss your mouth. Try to do this about once a day. I sometimes do it only once every other day. Try to avoid this. I am still learning on this one. Even if your mouth seems fine and not sensitive at all, still floss.
3) Use mouthwash after flossing. Use it once a day or every other day. Don’t over use it. I have done this before and it made the situation worse. Mouthwash is only there to clean the extra spaces that are left behind. It’s not meant to be a substitute for brushing or flossing.
4) Most toothpaste already has the necessary ingredients, like fluoride, already in there. Don’t buy a toothpaste which has the extra fluoride listed. Fluoride is good, but too much is bad. Too much will ruin your teeth. Any dentist will tell you that.
5) If you can, try and visit a dentist regularly. The normal recommendation is every six months. If you can’t afford that, do it when you have the money.
6) Try to avoid the teeth whitening strips. Your teeth are supposed to have a very vague yellowish color to them. That’s normal. This really bright color is not.
Cosmetic dentistry in the current age is so much recommended by the world. Cosmetic dentistry is not an approach or method; it is a dental field which contains cosmetic dental procedures.
It is preferred because the dental hygiene is a major thing in the United States; people judge you by your dental hygiene. No one is going to observe you by your heart, everyone cares about visual impacts. That is certainly the main reason the majority of us want perfect white teeth in good shape. While many people want it done to cure their dental issues. Either way, new age cosmetic dentistry is getting more popular then ever. Have questions about cosmetic dentistry in Texas? Contact Brit Phillips DDS – a local top rated dentist in Fort Worth Texas.
Brit Phillips, DDS
6610 Bryant Irvin Rd # 100 Fort Worth, TX 76132
Phone: (817) 361-1999 Brit Phillips, DDS